Thursday, April 14, 2011

INVINCIBLE SUMMER Playlist: Song 18

SONG #18: "Not Just Sometimes But Always" by Idlewild.

Two songs to go.

I'm putting a bit of a spoiler warning on this one. Don't listen if you hate knowing anything (though why would you be following along with these posts, really).

Besides that, I don't know what to say about this one.

It's by far the most important song on the playlist. Or to anything I've ever written. And it still makes me cry.

I should have dedicated the book to it, I'll tell you that.

SAMPLE LYRIC:

I tune the radio to drown out these voices I don't know
I'm suddenly an empty house that almost fills up with home
There are days and nights when I don't need to close my eyes
And they feel as real to me
Like an elegy
In disguise


CORRELATING PASSAGE:
note: this is the last passage I'll be posting. The last two songs come naked. Sorry.

“Uncross your arms and put down the fucking Camus! This is our life!”

--p. 262




PLAYLIST SO FAR:

1) "Turn Up The Sun" by Oasis
2) "Island in the Sun" by Weezer
3) "Just Like Heaven" by Gatsby's American Dream
4) "Bigger Than My Body" by John Mayer
5) "New Soul" by Yael Naim
6) "Across the Universe" by Rufus Wainwright
7) "Boys of Summer" by The Ataris
8) "Slang" by Def Leppard
9) "City Hall" by The Fray
10) "The Worst Part" by Motion City Soundtrack
11) "Time Won't Let Me Go" by The Bravery
12) "Hello Helicopter" by Motion City Soundtrack
13) "No One's Boy" by Marcy Playground
14) "You Can Do Better Than Me" by Death Cab for Cutie
15) "Sorry" by Pushmonkey
16) "Little Sparrow" by David Cook
17) "Long Division" by Death Cab for Cutie
18) "Not Just Sometimes But Always" by Idlewild

4 comments:

Deniz Bevan said...

Yay! Someone else who loves Idlewild! These Wooden Ideas is another great song...

Deniz Bevan said...

Also, I really like that quote from p 262 :-)

hannah moskowitz said...

Thank you! And yeah, I adore Idlewild. "I Want a Warning" is on the playlist for my WIP.

Nikki (Wicked Awesome Books) said...

I've heard of Idlewilde before, but have never listened to their music. Each song you post makes me want to read IS more and more. I can't believe the time is passing so quickly, but I can't say I'm upset about it.